Smooth a wall

meris

I see. How do you construct the gradient in the fill layer?

How do you know how many points you want? Do you just dropper it and keep adding until happy?

I'm having trouble creating the shadows back. It's a standing group shot so I need a bunch of them. I tried making a radial gradient, and the same shape as a mask so that it only affects a spot. then making a bunch of them.

But when checking these shadows are making ring bands and are not smooth. What's the correct way to do it?

Can you see it here?

Also I want to make some oval shaped shadows, not just round - how would I do that? Tried to stretch a ball, makes even worse bands.

cut.jpg

Using eizo cg277 self calibrates periodically.

Sent you a dropbox. In the original, there's a faint halo to the couple's head on the left. That actually showed up in a print worse than in screen.

Final one has a few bands I can see in the round shadows. I tried to make an oval shadow by stretching the round one, and that has really bad bands but at least that's expected.

What do you think about the fact I can hardly see it on screen, but it gets multiplied by print? I'm not sure how to avoid this mistake in future, unless i stare at each area at 200%. Is there a way to see things like this more easily?