Calibration

Hi
Thank you so much for your tutorial on calibrating - I am trying to following the tutorial for the x-rite iprofiler. My results were brighter n more pink skin tones compared to print which is more dull and beige colour skin tones so I restarted from step six reducing temp I.e making it cooler as well as less bright but I don't see a difference in the pinks skin tones.... please can you advise!! 

Side note, could be I went wrong here, I didn't have an option for warm, cool etc when taking measurements but I had the option of the kelvin number like 6000, 6500 etc - about 6 of them and so I did all those. And the results had 4 diff measurement in each box, not like the tutorial showed 2. 

Please advise!! 

Thank you so much!!

Terrific.

Side note, could be I went wrong here, I didn't have an option for warm, cool etc when taking measurements but I had the option of the kelvin number like 6000, 6500 etc - about 6 of them and so I did all those.

Yep, that's perfect.  Which one did you end up choosing?

And the results had 4 diff measurement in each box, not like the tutorial showed 2

Yes, that's new.  Just concentrate on the top number - the highest one.

Which lab are your prints from?

Ok amazing so I have gone right so far - wrote down top numbers. And chose 6500 but now redid it with 7000 and reduced brightness to 80. But still not happy, far too much can't pink in the skin compared to print! 

I am currently in israel for 6 weeks so printing here in Israel. Once I go back to England i willl have to find a lab and re calibrate !!! 

Ok.

Calibrated my laptop and it is definitely better than the screen. it was quite bright so i reduced the brightness and could still reduce some more but the coloring is way more correct!

What could it be with the screen?? not cooling down? 

Also, with the laptop when re-calibrating to troubleshoot do i reduce the luminance on the first page by the display settings or only when it starts the measurements and shows the green line (i did it by the measuring green line...)

I really appreciate your help - this is so stressful hope we get there!!!! 

36 minutes ago, Perli halpern said:

Ok.

Calibrated my laptop and it is definitely better than the screen. it was quite bright so i reduced the brightness and could still reduce some more but the coloring is way more correct!

What could it be with the screen?? not cooling down?

You might need to try Method 2, if you haven't already done so.