Photoshop CC open file tabs are missing.

I've been trying to find a way to get tabs showing multiple files opened in CC.  This was never a problem when I had CS6, but they are missing.  I've tried the following whilst ensuring I have more than one photo opened:   Interface>open documents as tabs is checked, Window>Arrange>Consolidate all to tabs (doesn't fix the issue), using as "photography" is checked, tab using "F" key doesn't make any difference either.image1.PNG.a080db595e6fd688473ce896669b7801.PNG

image2.PNG

No, I've tried all of those (I want the tabs going horizontally with their file names at the top in their own separate tool bar like I've always had but it's entirely missing).  I should mention, I have an imac working with an Eizo CG247 monitor (Eizo is my colour managed screen).  The only way I can get tabs is floating on the imac screen, separate to the Photoshop frame by clicking window>tile>window>application frame but they show on the imac as floating separately and I cannot drag anything back to the Eizo screen.

This is from my Laptop, when I had Macbook Laptop/Eizo with the tabs of opened photo files visible and this was Photoshop CS6 not the new CC.

Screen Shot 2017-08-27 at 10.51.35 am.png

Edited by VSparrow

There is more than one photo open via Bridge.  The photo file names, and their toolbar with tabs are not there.  I'm not sure what you mean re where are the panels... this is what is showing when I tab via F key.  

Application frame is greyed out in the second photo which is when I've pressed F to return to where the tools are.  If I click "application frame" when I press F and it's on the blank screen, then the photo appears floating on the imac but I can't get it back to the Eizo (dragging bounces it back to the iMac) and also it is separate from the workings of Photoshop and cannot be dragged into place to attach it to the Photoshop frame layout.

For info I actually dislike how these panels are appearing.  I cannot seem to make them part of the screen.  It's floating and I'd prefer them as part of the set up when I'm working.  

7 minutes ago, VSparrow said:

I'm not sure what you mean by panels

Panels are how we edit in Photoshop.  If you don't know what panels are ... for what purpose are you actually using Photoshop?

7 minutes ago, VSparrow said:

Is this is?

Yes.

3 minutes ago, VSparrow said:

For info I actually dislike how these panels are appearing.  I cannot seem to make them part of the screen.  It's floating and I'd prefer them as part of the set up when I'm working.  

I completely agree with you.

Go to Window>Workspace>Reset Workspace.