Printing from Canon Pixma Pro 100

I'm not expecting it to look any different, to be honest.  I would be flabbergasted if it changed the on-screen appearance drastically and made it look like the prints.  But we need to check, to rule it out.

The other thing I'm curious about is how the prints are from other programs.  For example, if you save a photo as a PDF file, then open it in Adobe Reader and print from there?

Or, save it as a Jpeg then open with with Windows Viewer (or whatever the equivalent program is on your computer) and print from there?

Hi Damien,

I took a couple days off to ease my frustrations and celebrate my son's birthday.

I restarted my computer and printer and checked through all the settings again.  I tried printing other files and they came out wonderfully!  Then I tried to print that same one I was having problems with and it was better, skin tone was nice, but there's something just off with the blue.  One screen it has a hint of teal but in print it's more royal.  So I'm happier than I was the other day.  There's just something that's up with the blues.  Maybe it's the way I edited that file, or how the screen or printer is calibrated for blue.  In person, the wrap and background were more royal, so maybe that's how it should look but my screen is a bit wrong.  I really don't know.

I'm editing a session today of my girls to send photos out to a pro lab to see how they compare to ones I will print off here.  I'll let you know how it turns out.

Thanks.

Stephanie

Hi Damien, I have done a little printing at home, but not with anything as flash as the pro1.
I do profile my paper using the colour munki and would like to suggest the following to see if it helps OTOS.

In The print file menu under printer set up go to print settings.
Chose the paper and print quality. goto main, color/intensity. chose manual and set matching to none. Then OK

Chose photoshop manages colours
Underneath it chose the appropriate printer profile, for paper type and printer
chose your prefered rendering intent and then Print the photo.

Ive found this guy to be helpful
http://www.ronmartblog.com/p/printing-series-articles.html