247 posts in this thread

Thanks for coming to visit my new site!

I know this is a big change from my Ask Damien facebook page, but I hope you'll grow to like it.  My aim is to ensure the highest quality answers to your questions, with none of the distracting chit-chat of social media.

Feel free to look around and once you've joined up, start asking me questions.

Reply below and let me know what you think of the new place!

74 people like this

Hello. Long time lurker. i run the "computer and technology help for photographers" group on the Faceybooks, mainly by accident. i'm an okay photographer that hasn't taken any editing classes yet, much to my own dismay.

i like beer, and photography, and video games.

13 people like this

so glad you did this....

6 people like this

Hello from the other side...

8 people like this

Hello, love the lessons you give and the work you do. Photoshop is a lot less scary because of you. Hope this continues as a fountain of learning.

8 people like this

Hello! Excited to continue learning from you.  Thanks for all of your continued help.  Now I just have to figure out which class I want to take first. :)

4 people like this

Hi! You pointed toward my kitchen, when you said cabinets :-P 

3 people like this

9 minutes ago, jbmonco said:

Hello from the other side...

Welcome :)

3 people like this

Hi! I love all the information concentrated in one area!
Sad to miss the questions in my FB feed - I learned stuff I didn't know I needed to by reading there. Oh well, I'l check in here often. 

9 people like this

4 minutes ago, Jessica said:

Hi! I love all the information concentrated in one area!
Sad to miss the questions in my FB feed - I learned stuff I didn't know I needed to by reading there. Oh well, I'l check in here often. 

This was always a two-edged sword.  On one hand, yes, lots of people learned stuff "by accident" simply because it appeared in their feed.

But on the flip side, a lot of people contributed some real nonsense "answers", and irrelevant guff, also because things appeared in their feed.

18 people like this

I like the organization of the forum.  Good job!  I know it was hard work. It is a little overwhelming since I have never been in an online forum.  Damien, I know you have indicated you are moving the classes to a forum too in the near future.  Please consider waiting a few months so us timid people can learn how everything works.

8 people like this

Welcome to the asylum aye......hotel california style. O.o

3 people like this

Hello y'all from Arkansas :) I do not like change but......... I am here and Ill figure it out. Maybe! HA! 

4 people like this

Hello from Canada! I am looking forward to the organization of this forum.

3 people like this

Well this is just fantastic! I follow your page and take your classes because I trust your knowledge, not to scroll through eighty different ways to do something from others. Thank you so much for all the work you do for us, I'm sure we will all get used to the new forum in no time.

8 people like this

Hallo! Liking the setup! I'm hoping you're planning to bring over and/or incorporate the resources from fb as the team gets time! Looking forward to learning more!

4 people like this

Hi there,

I'm a lurker but wanted to say thank you for all your advice and help. I'l be signing up for the print sharpening class soon.

4 people like this

Hello!  

3 people like this

Hi!  Joining from the Seattle area.  I'll sure miss the Facebook group. I learned so much from watching other people's stupid questions.  Made me feel like I wasn't the only stupid one.  Ha ha.

4 people like this

Hello from Arizona!   Thank you for all you do.... I have followed for awhile, learned a lot and still plan to take your classes.  Looking forward to this new forum. ?

3 people like this

Hello!

I'm currently a amature that wants to turn pro.  I am on the wait list for the raw class and I'm so excited!  I mostly lurk in hopes of soaking something up and it will stick.

Thank you for everything you do!

Shonda

4 people like this

Hello! My first forum experience :) Hoping an old dog can learn a new trick. I am just thrilled i made it in..lol 

7 people like this