8 minutes ago, petax said:

hi 

I'm peta from Bilbao, Sue Morris poached me from the Northrups - you should give her commission Damien. I haven't signed up for a course as yet, still pondering which one will serve me the best as I have many years experience with photoshop, going back to version 1.1. Been taking photographs seriously for 30 years. The thing I like about lightroom is its non-destructive way of working - I am curious to see how one can undo a crop in a PSD file, this time next year. Adjustment layers is something that I need to learn more thoroughly, so I will probably start there.

Thanks to Sue for the tip - I look forward to happy times here.

all the best

One NEVER crops a PSD file, that's the point.

Some reading for you:

https://www.damiensymonds.net/2010/02/trash-those-jpegs.html

https://www.damiensymonds.net/2011/09/cropping-tutorial.html

https://www.damiensymonds.net/2010/02/multiple-images-in-one-psd.html

https://www.damiensymonds.net/bridge-30-day-challenge

• Like 2

Hello!  Recently re-joined....feeling a bit overwhelmed at the moment.  Looking forward to learning!:)

• Like 2

Hey there!

I'm Chloe. I've been learning photography for about a year. I started editing in LR but recently switched over to PS. I have learned quite a bit on my own through free tutorials but I figured if I ever want to master editing I better take some classes. I plan on eventually taking all of your classes, but for now I am starting with Levels. Can't wait to jump in and learn as much as possible!

• Like 2

Evening all - after a stint of working overseas with little internet, I've rejoined to unlearn my bad habits!

• Like 2

Hi,

Mark here, aged 55 (can't belive it!), English orginally but now living in Southern Norway since 1996. 

I joined 6 months ago while out travelling the world for 12 months so waited until I got home with internet & a decent monitor before surfacing.  Lots of pictures to edit from the trip, both decent everyday photos and a few that I really want to get the best of with some kick ass editing. Apparently this is the place to learn that under Damiens gentle guidance...

• Like 2

Hello, 

Carol from Vancouver Island here. Accidentally ran into one of Damien's post via a Google search. Bookmarked it, returned to the site and signed up for the layer and mask class. Going well, the big thing though is I've opened ACR and decided to mess with my file structure, yeah! I've been using Lightroom for the last couple of years, and have wanted to change some of file folders, but have had a terrible fear of messing with it... so unfortunately things aren't how I want them. Jumped in today and it feels great to take control. I get to decide, thanks for that bit of wisdom, Damien! 

I've been practicing photography for the last couple of years. Started with food photography until last year when our first grandchild was born. Lots of opportunity to catch a moving target and I'm enjoying it immensely. Glad I found this site and look forward to interacting with everyone.

• Like 3

Hi! My name is Alessia and I live in DC. I’m originally from Milan Italy. 

I teach Italian and I do photography on the side. I need a LOT of help with photoshop, particularly how to use masks correctly. I took many photography courses at a community college, but I feel I never understood the full power of Photoshop.

This is why I’m here. I heard you are the best Damien!

Thank you!

• Like 2

On 1/27/2016 at 4:29 PM, Damien Symonds said:

Thanks for coming to visit my new site!

I know this is a big change from my Ask Damien facebook page, but I hope you'll grow to like it.  My aim is to ensure the highest quality answers to your questions, with none of the distracting chit-chat of social media.

Feel free to look around and once you've joined up, start asking me questions.

Reply below and let me know what you think of the new place!

Hi... site was recommend by fellow photographer.  

• Like 1