Hi, thanks for all you do.  Looking forward to learning more and some classes

• Like 4

I think it's great you're moving to a forum format. IMO Facebook is a horrible place for managing communities - but most people are stuck with it, because that's where everyone is these days. Facebook has been hammering the forums for years now and it's really nice to see someone going their own way to improve the community.

I wish you all the best and I'll certainly be participating here as well.

My name is Paul, I'm a hobby photographer and I've been at it for a bit over 3 years now.

• Like 8

Hello, I'm new at pretty much all of it.  I somewhat enjoyed my short time in the Facebook group but am REALLY looking forward to this forum.  It will be much easier to be able to search for topics.  It's also nice to know that the quality of answers will be high.

• Like 3

Hello from Minnesota!  I've been following you for awhile but yet to take a class. I like the idea behind the forum and the change. 

• Like 2

Good to see this move. I was beginning to think it not worth visiting the other site. Your information has always been most helpful to me.

• Like 2

Hello, looking forward to learning more here. Thank you for all your hard work Damien!

• Like 1

Good morning. I've been lurking on the Facebook page for years. I've learned so much that way. Thank you for continuing our education with this forum!

• Like 1

The forum looks great and I'm looking forward to taking some classes :D

• Like 1

Kia Ora from Kiwiland.  This is going to take a little getting used to but i'm sure I can  adapt.   Looking forward to moving on with my learning.  Thanks Damien for all you have done for us all.  

• Like 2

You must have already heard this a thousand times ☺Hello from the other side! Looking great so far D! And thank you for all that you do. 

Edited by JulieHunt
Forgot a few words.
  • Like 2

Hello from Melbourne :) I am glad you have moved over to a forum space it will be easier to lean in this environment. Looking forward to what happens while I am here :)

• Like 3

Hello. I'm a fairly recent lurker on the fb page and learnt heaps there. I'm aiming to take some classes this year. 

• Like 2

So glad you did this. Due to surgery this past year haven't been able to get out as much as I would like.

On the mend and looking forward to a great year! Perfect timing for your new formum. Hoping to learn some new things. 

Thank you, sometimes it becomes tiring digging thru the Facebook drama!

Edited by KarenO
  • Like 3

I have been following your FB page with interest for a long time.

I think this is a great idea because there was certainly quite a bit of "off subject" chatter on FB.

i really appreciate your tips and will take some classes in the not too distant future.

Thanks for all your help Damien.

• Like 2

Hello from Alabama!

Im currently taking the Layers and Mask class. I'm excited about the move here. Best of luck!

• Like 1

Whatever, forums brings me back, I like it :) Hello everyone! You will see me here much more than you saw me on Facebook!

• Like 1

Hello, 

Just recently found you on Facebook. Really interested in classes not sure where to begin. Looking forward to learning from you!

• Like 1

I was scrolling through the AD Facebook group trying to find my first post (late 2012, as it turns out) and I came across the image I posted where you goaded me into taking the RAW class. I was SO mad at you! And now I look back, with RAW and levels and print sharpening under my belt, not to mention three years of reading other people's adventures and misadventures, and - wow. That was a really terrible edit I posted. Suffice to say, I've since forgiven you. Good luck with the new forum. I hate change, but I suppose I'll get used to it. ;)

Edited by DaniGirl
typo
  • Like 6

Hello, eveyone!

I'm a long-time photographer... started in analog (aka film) and now shoot commercial and fine art work, along with short videos, in digital and still make some fine art in film and alternative processes like cyanotype and wet collodion.   I just discovered the Damien Facebook page a couple of weeks ago and really appreciate the no-nonsense, straight-up information.  It's refreshing and super helpful.  I've already learned a few things...thanks, Damien! 

Edited by Photomary1129
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Kim said:

Many of the resources are already on Damien's website, but there will be more incorporated into the forum here, or as articles, before Ask Damien is removed.

Awesome, thanks!

• Like 1