Sign in to follow this  

YAY !!!! Hello !!!!  I am so glad you did this.   You are going to rock this !!!

• Like 2

Looking forward to learning even more.  Your classes have helped me TREMENDOUSLY, and I still have tons to learn.  Thanks, and Blessings to you and yours!

• Like 3

Right now I'm bummed but I'm going to TRY to like it.... You're pretty much right about everything else so......^_^

• Like 4

Hi All, this looks like it could be new and exciting way to post things and no more F on all your posts..YAY for that

• Like 2

Bloody Heck, just when I got used to the AD page & gained courage to post. I'm a bit the same as acmc, bummed, but ready to give it a go. I hope the momentum of this forum stays strong and doesn't fizzle like other forums I have been on. I understand AD going this way, as FB only has limited uses & controls all users - bit hard for business owners :)9_9

• Like 2

Like the new forum, it looks nice.  Looking forward to the new home :)

• Like 2

Hi all... Darryl. Live a few hours north of Damien.

I'm more than happy to see this move to a forum. Facebook groups really are a mess and people new to forums will soon realize this.

I've been a hobiest for a few years and recently started my own business mostly working with models. If anyone is interested you can check out my work here. I pretty much have lived in Lightroom until recently. Very much a noob with Photoshop.

• Like 3

Hello, my name is Emma. I am excited to read your forum. 

• Like 1

And by the way, I'm seriously going to go some day to Australia and we'll drink some of that tea you know nothing about Damien. We we'll open one of the bottles from the cabinet afterwards. 

• Like 2

I'm a Lara fan bc without her support, we would be floundering! So many thanks to her, as your main support, and thanks to your team for their backup. But Damien, you and your Ask Damien page have rocked my world. So THANK YOU! And I'm so happy things will be streamlined. Question: Did you actually FEEL the breeze as I blew the roses up your skirt? HAH! Many Thanks, really. 

• Like 5

Hello!  This looks great and I can't believe how much hard work and time went into doing this.  I am happy that I won't have to deal with all of the Facebook distractions. I am a huge fan and have learned so much from Ask Damien and all 4 of your classes!  

• Like 2

"Hi!!" From the mitten (Michigan)! I'm Jess, a mother to 3 boys, wife, full time student, and part time (hopefully full time, soon) photographer.

I thoroughly enjoy my kids and the endless banter about poop and the constant reminders to get their hands out of their pants (they are 4, 2, and 9 months)... But I love getting away to do just about anything else also... ;)  Like drink wine and go to comedy concerts.

Anyway, I'm very new to forums, seems not too intimidating. Looking forward to the streamlined ways about this. Thanks!! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dcBear78 said:

One suggestion for @Damien Symonds, is it possible to open up a section for "off topic" conversation between members? 

Absolutely not.  This is a forum in name, but not in nature.  It's not intended as a "hangout".  It's intended for people to come, learn, then go about their real lives.  The www is already awash with "social" places.

If the internet was a university, this would be a lecture theatre, not the cafeteria :)

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Damien Symonds said:

Absolutely not.  This is a forum in name, but not in nature.  It's not intended as a "hangout".  It's intended for people to come, learn, then go about their real lives.  The www is already awash with "social" places.

If the internet was a university, this would be a lecture theatre, not the cafeteria :)

Damn...  we're in for a treat... O.o

Hello! My first thought was 'not another new thing to learn' as I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed anyway at the moment. But the site looks great and will make learning easier I'm sure. Good move Damien.

• Like 1

Hello!

I hate change... but I think i like this one!
Love that the right answers will be easy to find and that Brian has a space here too!

Will you be leaving the group up just for the info thats in there already? I find it really handy to search old posts for answers and there are so many in there, I'm sure they will be asked here in time, just a shame to loose all that older work :D

17 minutes ago, Jodie said:

Will you be leaving the group up just for the info thats in there already? I find it really handy to search old posts for answers and there are so many in there, I'm sure they will be asked here in time, just a shame to loose all that older work :D

Yes, over the next few weeks (heck, months maybe!) we'll be harvesting all the great resources from the old AD and turning them into articles on my website.

• Like 4

Hi! So glad you did this. Fb was such a distraction for me I had to make another one just for my photo related pages!! Looking forward to more of your amazing advice!! Thanks!! 

• Like 4

I've had a look through the forum and this is sooooooo much better than the FB group and wading through mountains of questions I've seen a million times just to see if there's anything that interests me. Awesome work guys! Having a section for Brian and tech stuff is great too. :-)

I did all of Damien's editing classes a few years ago and am currently in his print sharpening class. I highly recommend all of them if you haven't done them yet. You won't regret it.

Edited by Snook
typo
  • Like 2

Hi! I've been stalking your Ask Damien Facebook page for a while now, and am hoping to take your editing classes soon. I've been a photographer for just over a year now and am slowly growing my talent and business. Looking forward to the learning and growth I have no doubt I will gain from this forum.

-Elizabeth

• Like 1

Hello!  I think this is going to be amazing!  Thanks a million times for all you do!  

• Like 1