Colors open Finder and ACR and Photoshop look different

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Never mess with that window.

Up the top where it says "Custom", change it back to "North America General Purpose 2".  Then press OK to close that window, and never open it again.

1 minute ago, Flipper196 said:

Mpix wrote that I should put under color Management policies/ RGB: convert to working RGB and not what I have 'Preserve embedded Profile'

This is very bad advice, but sadly, lots of labs give it.  It's easier for them to do it, than to actually educate their clients about colour management.

Yes let's see...but most of the pictures I send to my iPad etc are also more saturated...how do I set up Photoshop to be less saturated? Just over calibrating the monitor? Sorry to bug you with this but I am really struggling here and so afraid that clients come back and complain about their yellow and oversaturated pics ?

yes, that's right, but what did I do wrong while calibrating it today that it still looks even less saturated than the prints and less than the calibration before? I calibrated in a dark room like you suggested. Brightness was set to 92. everything else according to your suggestions. I am at my wits end...Can you come over LOL

I am getting reprints but after she wrote that I checked my order and it says 'color conversion NONE' but she didn't reply back when I wrote her this, so I guess she went home from work. So that cannot be the problem though I hoped it would be....

Ok, just to be super stupid question: I compare the prints in the first step with the pictures opened in Photoshop not on the computer right!? I know stupid question but who knows....

i also have a little trouble comparing the brightness since the prints are more yellow but not necessarily darker or brighter....

Edited by Flipper196