Colour issues

Hi Damien, im hoping you can help me. I have just bought a new computer and am noticing that the colours in an image are extremely different in both Windows and photoshop. I have a HD monitor that i used to edit to on my old computer, but on the new computer it is showing different colours again. So 3 different colour palets are confusing me, any ideas on how to fix this?

That link is very helpful, thank you! No problem i will calibrate the monitor and get my hands on somw prints for comparison. I dont have a print lab, i go to harvey norman as i feel there colours are very close to my editing.

55 minutes ago, StasiaB said:

Right! No, i have only calibrated the laptop, i assumed that the colour would carry over, sounds silly. So calibrate the samsung monitor too.

Oh!  Well, there you go.  No, it doesn't carry over, you must calibrate the Samsung.  And understand that once you do that, the laptop screen will be useless for editing on.

51 minutes ago, StasiaB said:

That link is very helpful, thank you! No problem i will calibrate the monitor and get my hands on somw prints for comparison. I dont have a print lab, i go to harvey norman as i feel there colours are very close to my editing.

I know there are quite a few people who use HN very happily.  I'd say it will be good enough for this purpose, for now at least.

Remember that you don't need to order new prints - any prints that you already have lying around are fine.

I am not having too much luck. Trying to calibrate the Monitor and an error has occurred. I am not sure how to fix that. Is there any chance you could help me with trying to sync windows and ps colours to be the same without the monitor?

*without samsung monitor

Ok. Again, thats good to know. As my laptop is very new i havent had any prints done so i will do that tomorrow and touch base with you as to whether w or ps is closer to the prints. Thank you so much so far.

In the photo photoshop is showing people really really red. It looks shocking in photoshop, but when it saves and is viewed in windows, facebook on an ipad or a photo it is normal or desaturated.