Everything looks crunchy

Hi!  I've had the same workflow for years, but everything looks different on my new laptop--very crunchy and contrasty.  I calibrated, but images that were printed and matched my old laptop monitor look terrible on this monitor.   

Do I have any options in PS to fix this, because I can't find any options with my monitor.  Maybe I need a better calibration software tool?    

I use Photoshop CC.  Old laptop was an HP Envy, calibrated with Spyder 3 Express.  New laptop is an ASUS ROG GL753VE, calibrated with the same Spyder 3 Express.  

Thanks!  :)

Thanks.

When you right-click on your desktop and choose "Display Settings", can you confirm that both of these settings are on "Recommended"?

displaysettings.thumb.png.0546a4bcee45774b3e0bbd52915fe04d.png

(The numbers won't necessarily be the same as mine, I'm just making sure yours are on their own recommended settings)

5 minutes ago, Damien Symonds said:

Fabulous.  You'll find my instructions here.

While you're waiting for it to arrive, make sure you have your prints (and their corresponding files) ready to go; and also pause to consider your room lighting.

Thanks for all your help, I appreciate how generous you are with your knowledge!  You may not remember, but you've been answering my random questions since about 2010.:)