Damien Symonds

BR1-13

Sign in to follow this  

Jump to next slide >>

Choose your favourite

Have you clicked on all the different workspace options? You can see that some are particularly suited for browsing folders, others are designed to give the biggest view of each photo, and others concentrate on giving you plenty of information about each file at a glance.

I expect you’ll see one that looks best suited for your needs. That can become your default setting. But of course the other layouts are always accessible at the click of your mouse, so don’t ever feel “locked in” to one particular workspace.

Personally, I like the “big view” settings. So on my editing computer, which has a 4:3 shaped screen, I like Filmstrip:

filmstrip.thumb.jpg.6d841dee995025657a0b40f21a4a78f7.jpg

But on my laptop, which has a wide-format screen, the “Preview” layout gives me more efficient use of the screen space:

Workspace4a.thumb.png.462e65d97fe8dba3ce3b6dd5fb7ff692.png

Customising >>

• Like 1

I do not get a big preview image when I choose "preview" but I do when I use my custom "Kathy".  I can't figure out why.

Screenshot (77).png

Screenshot (78).png

12 minutes ago, Kathy1 said:

I do not get a big preview image when I choose "preview" but I do when I use my custom "Kathy".  I can't figure out why.

Screenshot (77).png

With this one chosen, go to Window>Workspace>Reset Workspace

• Like 1

That did it!  Thanks.  I am on my second read thorough the class.  I am loving how much I am learning.  I will be writing a review after this go through. 

• Like 1

I have a wide-format screen on my PC and would like to have same set up as your Laptop, but I can't get the content panel in between the Favorite/Folder and Preview?

10 minutes ago, superfocused said:

I have a wide-format screen on my PC and would like to have same set up as your Laptop, but I can't get the content panel in between the Favorite/Folder and Preview?

Choose the "Preview" workspace setting.

Um ... this is the first two lines of this slide:

On 2/16/2018 at 9:29 AM, Damien Symonds said:

Choose your favourite

Have you clicked on all the different workspace options?

Please make sure you read every slide very thoroughly.

I thought I had, but somewhere in between one workspace or another my dog needed to go for a walk and she should never be ignored.

• Haha 1