Calibration & Test Prints-February

Hi Damien,  

I went to calibrate and compare against my test prints and I've noticed that my prints are lacking red in the print but not on my screen.  I'd like to make the appropriate adjustments and reprint some test prints to make sure colors are right on but I don't know if I should change the settings post calibration in Spyder under the tab you can change the levels of color/brightness/gamma, etc.? 

Ok, got the ICC Profile in there, soft proof saved for that one type of media (since they have different profiles for each type of print media).  For the color settings, do I follow their exact recommendations even though it changes the settings from NAGP2 to Custom? 

Unfortunately not to how I would want it to be.  Part of it is that it didn't print as bright as I hoped it would so I needed to make adjustments there.  I think I just need to reprint some test prints again, especially to ensure brightness is accurate as well.  There's still more red tones on the screen vs on the print.  

Absolutely, especially when comparing print to screen of the camping set up (tent/hammock/middle of fire).  The neutrals are right on.  I'm hoping lack of brightness is part of the issue.  The prints just look more dull than they do on my screen.  Definitely more red on the screen and more yellow on the print.