I’m so sorry... I haven’t able to recalibrate as my family and I have been out most of the day since new year.  Happy new year. Will try to do it tomorrow morning. (Will be home super late tonight)

• Like 1

What is the best time to calibrate my monitor? I know it sounds stupid but I mainly edit the images around 4:30am - 5:30am when it's pitch dark in my living room so I was wondering about this...  I have been calibrated my monitor during the day.

8 minutes ago, cathm said:

Hi Damien!  I am terribly sorry for not being around.  I had to take care of a personal matter.  But now, I am ready to move on!! Here is the result of my calibration. 

image.thumb.png.3bbcd46b2dbcc6bfe2a3a689f01ebbb5.png image.thumb.png.d8644e980872ffb925bf55e741660db9.png

These look good, but the only thing that truly matters is the print comparison.  How is it?

7 minutes ago, cathm said:

BTW, do you save the workflow so that it will be easier to calibrate next time?

I've never bothered, but you're welcome to.

I compared my monitor with my prints (from Bay Photo and WPPI).  I feel like overall, the lightness is slightly darker on the prints, especially where the shadows are. And overall, the skin tone looks darker for WPPI than Bay Photo.

The monitor is still brighter than the prints.   When you said, "lower brightness target to 90", you meant to adjust the brightness of the monitor, (the step in the attached image), right?   The closest I was able to get was 92 and it was still bright so I should lower it, correct?  Also, the print looks more red, especially in the black and white image and I the shadows are darker on the print than the monitor.  I hope I am making sense here....

image.thumb.png.581d0174da66c3c4ef24a4b255f16e58.png

1 hour ago, cathm said:

The monitor is still brighter than the prints.   When you said, "lower brightness target to 90", you meant to adjust the brightness of the monitor, (the step in the attached image), right?   The closest I was able to get was 92 and it was still bright so I should lower it, correct?

That's right.  If 90 is still too bright, calibrate again at 80.  If that's still too bright, try 70.  If 70 is still too bright, there's DEFINITELY a problem with your room lighting.

1 hour ago, cathm said:

Also, the print looks more red, especially in the black and white image

Let's not worry about that for the moment.  We'll concentrate on getting the brightness correct first.