Gradients and actions

Okay you can shoot me any time you like.   :-) 

I am making an action... it will be used by others.   I know I have to make the starts and stops with color codes (so to speak) I can't use my premade because their systems do not have it.  I get it.  My question is this.   I am trying like crazy to make this gradient more oblong almost a vignette I will show you the mask shape I need.    I have racked my brain and the only other way I can think to include would be a PNG???????    I am a little stumped.   I am attaching my png of what I want the gradient to look like, one that I altered the gradient via masking and one that is the standard gradient.   Maybe I am overthinking this??? 

Capture What my Gradient looks like after being masked.JPG

Capture What my PNG looks like.JPG

Using only  Graident tools.JPG

No real reason for the gradient map.  Just easier for me to navigate to sometimes.   And gives me better choices of the tone settings I need.   I understand that it controls, highlights, darker areas, and midtones.   I get to choose those with a gradient map.   I guess I could turn it to a smart object and use lighting effects and choose the color.    I guess I am just not sure  to to duplicate the shape with a fill other than the gradient or a png

I want to reuse and choose different colors if I wish to that shape as I showed in the sample.   I do not want to use just a color layer unless that is the only  option .   But I need that shape.  

The PNG posted above is the shape I need.    I am playing with the marquee tools along with masking.   I am just stumped as to how to create that shape and the color I need it to be.   

It's an effect... it has nothing to do with what you taught me or others...   It's just like a vignette to soften the outer edges of a hypothetically a flower and decrease the background (which may be distracting) to blend.   Most people don't have the channels or even adjustments understood.   I refer a lot of them back to you for that.   I am just making a toy so to speak.  

I can add a command line stating if it is vertical to apply it that way.   Top to bottom not side to side.   Or make it a duel option (vertical click this one horizontal click that one)  with in the action.   I hope that made sense. 

It would be placed above the background layer and able to turn it on or off.    Skip this whole question.   I am having a hard time explaining myself.   

I put it on Linear blend so you could see it better.... it's a very faint pink peach.    And yes a layer of colour in that shape.   I can always change blend modes as I need them and or the color it's the shape that is killing me.  I am trying to use the path tool I don't know if that will work either.   I feel stupid right now.   I know that there has to be away without me giving out my pngs.