Saving photo

Gabriela

Hi, I don't know where to look anymore so I hope you can help me. Or guide me where to look. If I save photo: I do it:  once save for web and save as....  so I have in final 2 photos, but the one for web looks as I edited but the save as.... looks like I didn't touch the photo at all. I can see the different on desktop, but if I open the photo I don't see the different. I printed the photos and yes the one save as looks like nothing was done. I calibrated the laptop with colorMunki. I put both photos, that may you will see what I mean (but even here I don't see the different ). Thank you Gabi

2W6A9277.jpg

2W6A9277a.jpg

There are two problems here.  Both are very bad, but both are fixable.

The problem with them looking different is that in your Save As dialog, you don't have the "ICC profile" checkbox checked.  It's really important to keep that checked at all times.  Never uncheck it, under any circumstance.

profile1.png

The second problem is that you're in Adobe RGB.  Follow this troubleshooter all the way to the end to fix this very very bad problem.

Thank you so much, I fixed the RBG ( I remember that I set up for sRGB - I don't know what I done) but now I fixed, Im still searching for the ICC profile :)  I put the "fix" photo in file that you can have a look, I can see already the different, next photo :) 

What do you think about set up Color setting? Better to have custom?? Because my one is set up how I bought it....
And second question, do you recommend start with Raw class? Im learning my self and I don't know if its good and my friends they don't understand :/. And where to print photos in Australia? I just know Big W, office work   and the quality ...... is not that good.
I know lot of question, sorry for that.

Thank you for your time Gabi

2W6A9277e.jpg

rr.jpg

41 minutes ago, Gabriela said:

I put the "fix" photo in file that you can have a look

Yes, it's perfect, great.

42 minutes ago, Gabriela said:

Im still searching for the ICC profile

It should be right there, in the save dialog.

42 minutes ago, Gabriela said:

What do you think about set up Color setting? Better to have custom??

Do you mean in Photoshop?  No, definitely not Custom.  It must stay on "North America General Purpose 2".

43 minutes ago, Gabriela said:

And second question, do you recommend start with Raw class?

Yes, Raw Class first.

43 minutes ago, Gabriela said:

And where to print photos in Australia? I just know Big W, office work   and the quality ...... is not that good.

Which part of Australia do you live?

HI I live in Sydney so not far from you :)  if you have anytime classes at Brisbane, Im in :)  Im not set up at North America... I will fix it. I must be blind I don't see the ICC. O.o Gabi

Snímek obrazovky 2016-08-05 v 6.52.51 odp..png

Ah, it's called "Embed Color Profile" on your version.

29 minutes ago, Gabriela said:

HI I live in Sydney

Sadly I don't know which are the good labs in Sydney.  There must be plenty, though.

30 minutes ago, Gabriela said:

if you have anytime classes at Brisbane

The classes are right here on the website.