Sharpening class

What kind of question?  If it's about payment or other administrative questions, use the Contact Damien and the team section.  For questions about the content of the class, read the Print Sharpening Class info page and the class FAQ page, and if your question still isn't answered, here is just as good as anywhere else to ask it. :)

I was not able to find my answer Christina.   I THINK it will be OK  to ask here....if not I will PM Damien.

1.  How many separate photos will I need?

2.  I have a photo from back in my JPEG only days.  I have done my edit in ACR and Elements.  In addition, have added some "creative" edits to the photo.  It is OK to bring it to the sharpening class?

21 minutes ago, Colleen Cathers said:

1.  How many separate photos will I need?

For the test prints to determine your sharpening numbers, you'll need 21 prints: nine 5x7s, nine 8x10s, and three 20x30s.  You can do more sets to more fine-tune your sharpening numbers, but you need at least those 21.

22 minutes ago, Colleen Cathers said:

2.  I have a photo from back in my JPEG only days.  I have done my edit in ACR and Elements.  In addition, have added some "creative" edits to the photo.  It is OK to bring it to the sharpening class?

For test print purposes, you'll want to use photos that are perfectly in focus, with as little noise as possible, and representative of your more general style.  This sounds like it might not be a good candidate for a test print.  But after you've done your test prints and determined your sharpening numbers, you can apply Damien's sharpening techniques onto any kind of photo -- he's even got a whole module on how to handle imperfect images.  You can bring any kind of photo you'd like into the class for help.

It's all explained in great detail in the class. :)  I figured you only needed to know the numbers for budgeting purposes at this point...

But if you want it all broken down for you:

Three different images.  Image A, Image B, and Image C (of three different types, which will be explained in the class).

Image A -- three 5x7s (at three different sharpening settings), three 8x10s (at three different sharpening settings), three 20x30s (at three different sharpening settings).

Image B -- three 5x7s (at three different sharpening settings), three 8x10s (at three different sharpening settings).

Image C -- three 5x7s (at three different sharpening settings), three 8x10s (at three different sharpening settings).

• Like 1