Is this a good laptop?

Is this a good laptop for running photo editing software? I’m a hobbyist and not a professional so I don’t have the big bucks for a Mac or something of a similar price point. My budget is about $700-$800. I don’t need a big screen, the most memory or anything special for that matter. I just want my pictures to be true colors. 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YVNW7KR/?coliid=I3UJGZ714JI0VQ&colid=221A21NDIL7IH&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it&th=1

Unfortunately no, I'd skip that model. The display is a FHD and not IPS-based. Since you will be editing photos, a IPS screen ensures that colors and contrast are consistent from edge-to-edge. IPS laptops are tough to find but I did have a member find one, that is in your price-point.

Damn. I'm having trouble finding hardware in that price-point. The import Tariffs from China has increased ALL of the prices at least $300-$500. Today's $800 laptops are last year's Sub-$500 laptops. Desktops aren't much better. Honestly? It's better that you save up a little more money, say between $1200-$1500, you will have a much better configuration. Otherwise, you are just throwing $800 away, professional or not.