Seagate 3TB Crash

I have a 3TB Seagate Desktop External HD; approx 2 yrs old that is now not being recognized by my computer.  Tried on another PC, same results.  When plugged in, the drive is powering up and making thr normal sounds.  I've read that a lot of times, the USB board can go bad.  I've tried a couple trial versions of recovery software to no avail as the HDD is not recongnized.  Any recommemdations on who to send to (there's so many!)

If there is anything super important on that drive: stop. Step away from the drive and send it to these guys:

https://www.gillware.com

You could be right, it could be a bad USB port or the controller board on the HD migh have went out on you. If you aren’t hearing the “Click....Click...Ka-Thunk....Click” coming from the HD, you have a decent shot of recovery. If you keep messing with it in a panic trying to “fix it,” chances are you will just make it worse. 

I will warn you, Extreme Data Recovery isn’t cheap, depending on what needs to be done. That being said, if you shoot professionally, it’s cheaper than legal fees if you get sued.