Crucial RAM Not in Stock...Do i have the right one?

Hi Brian!

So excited to have finally purchased my new iMac. I just finished ordering it a few minutes ago. I followed your specs in the thread you wrote:

27-inch iMac with Retina 5K display
With the following configuration:
3.6GHz 8-core 9th-generation Intel Core i9 processor, Turbo Boost up to 5.0GHz
8GB 2666MHz DDR4 memory
Radeon Pro 580X with 8GB of GDDR5 memory
1TB SSD storage
Magic Mouse 2
Magic Keyboard with Numeric Keypad - US English
Accessory Kit

So I followed your link to purchase the RAM from B&H and I saw that it's out of stock. I went direct to the crucial site and it was out of stock there, too.  Is there another option available, or will do I just wait this out? https://www.crucial.com/memory/ddr4/ct2k16g4s266m

Thanks so much for your help. Can't wait to get this computer in my hands.

COVID-19 has messed up a lot of stuff in the supply chains. You could contact Crucial and see if they have another part number that cross references the one I linked to. Or just download and run the scanning tool and see what type of results that it gives you. You are looking for a 16GB kit. (Two 8GB Sticks.)

The most important thing is not only compatibility, but to get the RAM Sticks Matching Spec-wise. 

All the parts come from China. From Cameras to Computers and things beyond. When they shut down, there is a ripple-effect, unfortunately. Honestly, head to Crucial.com download and run their scanning tool. (It's harmless.) It should take you to a page with your options. If you need help, post a screenshot of the results and I can tell you what to buy. But you are looking for a 16GB kit at the very least. Or, what I would do...is purchase a 32GB kit. This will take your RAM from 8GB to 40GB! Which is a very nice thing to have, if you own a high megapixel camera. (24MP or above.)

Thanks Brian. The computer still hasn't arrived yet (projected July 17th) wow, so when it arrived I'll download the scanning tool and try. I will likely do the 32 kit because I'm saving so much by not paying the apple tax!  Thanks again!  R

Yeah, the 32GB kit will give you 40GB, which is fine for most. I just have my iMac maxed out to 64GB because I shoot with a Nikon D850. Those 100MB Raw files really make my computer work bit harder. When I shoot with my other cameras, 40GB was more than enough.

Hopefully stuff will get in stock. COVID19 has really screwed up the supply chain since everything is made in China.