New iMac

This is the new desktop I ordered and then I installed 32 G of crucial ram. Do I add the crucial ram or replace it with the 2- 4 G that came with my iMac? Ill upload picture of specs also. I edit on my computer and run Photoshop, CaptureOne, Dropbox, etc. regularly. Anything else you’d suggest? Ultimately I’d love to purchase another 32 G to add to it. 

DB64C031-A85A-442A-803D-B3A3B09691F8.jpeg

So it's a 32GB Stick of RAM or two 16GB Sticks? I'm thinking you have two Crucial 16GB sticks.

What I would do is replace the two existing Apple Sticks and install the Crucial RAM in those slots, and the two existing 4GB sticks into the "other" slots. This way you will end up with 40GB of RAM. When it comes time to increase to 64GB, just remove the original Apple RAM and install the Crucial RAM in those slots. Store the Apple RAM into the packaging that the Crucial RAM came in. Clear as mud? :)

40GB of RAM is fine for most. I'd only get 64GB if you are editing video or shoot with a camera that has lots of MP, like a D850, which comes with 45.1MP. Of course, if the RAM is fairly inexpensive, you can't ever have too much and you just might want to max it out to 64GB and be done with it. Just make sure the extra RAM you order is the same part number / specs as your 32GB kit that you are now installing. For the best performance, RAM (and your computer) likes it to be matchy-matchy in the slots.