Monitor wont calibrate after new video card installed

Hello, I've been successfully calibrating my macbook pro with a spyder 4 pro calibrator for 2 years.  Apple replaced my video card this week and now it wont calibrate!  It goes through the process, but the screen is still overly bright and cool when it is finished, nothing like my old dim warm look!  When I compare calibrated to uncalibrated there is ZERO color change.  I've tried recalibrating several times, resetting all the settings in spyder pro (in line with your instructiosn online - they had been reset to spyder factory), but nothing is working.  I can go back to my last saved setting and it looks right but obviously I can't keep it set on the old one forever...

Thanks for your help.

Oh boy. :( Do you happen to have another computer you can test your device on? To see if the problem lies with the video card, or if the device itself has finally given up the ghost? 

Also, have you confirmed that you are running the latest version of the software?

• Like 2

I have confirmed I have the latest version of the software.  Hmmmm...  I've been putting off calibrating my external monitor, so I guess now is the time to figure that out..

• Like 1

So I was able to calibrate my external monitor, and then I tried my macbook again and it worked correctly.  Something must have been off in the settings.  Between calibrations, I also went in and cleared all the "guest" user color settings since that's how they logged in to do the repair work.  Not sure what was wrong, or what fixed it, but happy it's working again!!  Thanks for the direction and ideas to get me down the right path!!

• Like 2