Upgrade or replace my PC?

Hi - after some recommendations on whether to upgrade or replace my current Lightroom / Photoshop edit PC. It's been running slower and slower recently - with both physcial discs frequently hitting 100% performance capacity. There's about 30% physical space on both drives.  The PC is something like 4 years old.

Current config:

LENOVO IdeaCentre 700 Desktop PC
Windows 10 / i5-6400 Processor / 16 GB DDR4 memory
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 (2 GB GDDR5)
Hard drives: 2TB (system / documents) + 3TB (photos / catalogues)
HDD are both spinning discs not SSDs
Monitor is a Dell U2413

Be interested in what upgrades would give most improvement or what spec of new machine you's recommend

Cheers
Edited by Fuzzbass2000

Replace. Don't bother upgrading. 

We could replace Hard Drives and upgrade the video card, which would more than likely require upgrading the power supply, not to mention that video cards that are "Good for Photo-Editing" are running around $1500 or so by themselves, due to the global shortage, etc. etc. When we get into it, it's time for a new one because by the time you spend upgrading all sorts of things, you are almost getting into a new computer.

Unfortunately, now is the worst time to be in the market for a computer. Between import Tariffs, COVID-19 and the lack of supply for thing like Semiconductors and the individual parts that make up the actual computer parts, drives up the prices. You could keep your Dell U2413 display, which will save you some money.

Give this article a read: What is a Good Computer for Photo Editing (short version)

What is your budget?

So you are in the UK. Hmmm...the same rules apply, but I don't have the slightest clue where to link you to.

A friend of mine just bought this computer, and the video card is what you want for Photoshop performance.

https://www.newegg.com/abs-ali479/p/N82E16883360074

This is the type of PC you are looking for spec-wise.