Brightness slider missing

JuliaC

Hi Brian!

A couple of weeks ago you helped me figure out the issue with my MacBook Pro monitor. I'm unable to send it off for repair for a little while (I'm on maternity leave and I'm just a hobbyist so big laptop repairs aren't in the budget right now, unfortunately) and I figured in the meantime I could work from my husband's desktop PC. I want to calibrate the monitor but I've spent an embarrassing amount of time just trying to figure out how to adjust the brightness. The slider seems to be missing and I've been googling and googling but can't find a solution. Here's what I've tried:

-editing quick actions to add the slider (it didn't offer that option)

-disabling and re-enabling the monitor driver (didn't work)

-updating the monitor driver (was already up to date)

-updating the windows operating system (started with windows 10, upgraded to 11 but the problem persists)

-updating the graphics card driver (it was already up to date)

Not sure if there's something obvious that I'm missing. Any help you can offer is greatly appreciated! :)

8 minutes ago, JuliaC said:

want to calibrate the monitor but I've spent an embarrassing amount of time just trying to figure out how to adjust the brightness.

Is this a Mac Monitor or a Windows Monitor? If it's a Mac, you may not be able to adjust anything. For a traditional / typical Windows Display, the slider to adjust brightness is in the Monitor's Control Panel on the monitor itself, it is NOT in the computer / OS. That's a Mac-way of thinking. Windows doesn't work that way.

You are looking for something that doesn't exist. :D