ACR always freezing up

I recently purchased a new laptop because my old one was grossly underpowered for Photoshop and I was having lots of issues.  The laptop I got was one recommended by Brian on here and is supposed to have plenty of RAM, the good graphics card, etc., but I’m still having issues with freezing up, especially when I’m using ACR.  It will freeze then just close the program.  And sometimes PS itself will just close randomly.  I’m also still getting error messages about my graphics processor encountering an unrecoverable error.  I’ve updated  Bridge and PS through Adobe CC and it’s still not better.  Any advice?  I’m tired of losing my work😩

Which laptop are we talking about? It sounds like the Video Card's Drivers aren't playing well with your version of Photoshop and ACR. It's not a Bridge or Photoshop problem, so updating those won't fix anything.

This is what I have…IMG_2631.thumb.jpeg.a6136a2da0fd4f2bb19b849288ffe4d9.jpeg

11 hours ago, Brian said:

Which laptop are we talking about? It sounds like the Video Card's Drivers aren't playing well with your version of Photoshop and ACR. It's not a Bridge or Photoshop problem, so updating those won't fix anything.

Interesting! That's the laptop I would buy for myself if I were buying one today. You are the 1st person who bought one and has reported problems.

First, Lenovo Laptops usually have some sort of utility software that checks drivers and will update them. I'm wondering if the Video Card Driver is out of date? Head to your Start Menu and just start typing "Lenovo" and something should pop up. Make sure you are plugged in when you do this. Try the Lenovo updated drivers first and see what happens.

Second, you might need to install the NVIDIA Studio Drivers, which are meant for programs like Photoshop vs ones meant for general computing / video games.

NVIDIA Studio Drivers for Laptops

Third, you might want to completely un-install Photoshop and ACR, download a fresh copy and try installing again. You'd be surprised on just how much a corrupted install file will make things go wonky.

Fourth, after doing all four suggestions, it may be that there is something wrong with the Graphics Card / GPU / Video Memory with the Laptop and you need to exchange it. ACR uses the GPU in order to function and Photoshop relies on it to use with its fancy tools and as a means for performance boosting. If your GPU is flaky, you will have random weird issues with Photoshop.