I'd like to know how to achieve this painterly effect

Definitely not the same technique.  The Noelle one is good light, and more or less good clean processing, but a bit over-the-top with the editing on things like the teeth.  Mainly it's beautiful because of the wonderfully blurred background (do you have a lens which can achieve it?) cleverly changed in colour slightly to be harmonious with the child's clothing.  If you can provide a suitably-located, suitably-posed and suitably-lit photo, I can help you with the editing.  But in essence, it will edit itself.  This is more a question of photography, really.

The Aleksey one genuinely is an editing question.  He's spent quality time with D&B to get that look.  (But of course the lighting in the photo plays a big role too.)  Dodging the highlights in the hair, the lower irises, the lips ... and burning arms etc.

Your photo is a little more side-lit than his, but I think it has potential.  Once we've done the normal clean processing on yours, it will be fun to try the D&B.  So let's discuss it in class first, then we'll come back here.

Great!  I will take a look at my raw file from this image and submit it in class, it’s an older edit...

im excited to learn this.

i do have an 85mm 1.2 -which should be sufficient to create the blurred background as in the noelle.  I’ll shoot something specific for this too.

Yeah, I'm not fond of the eyes either.

Its a variation of "The Orton Effect" for which Google will find you lots of tutorials.

1. Add a new blank layer above all the other layers at the top of your layers panel.  Hit Ctrl Alt Shift E to make a new merged layer of the whole photo.

2. Duplicate that new layer twice.  Now you'll have three identical layers at the top of your layer stack.

3. Turn the first and second layers into Smart Objects.  Leave the top one as a normal pixel layer.

4. Name the bottom layer "Burn" and apply some Gaussian Blur to it.  I'm not sure how much - maybe 30 pixels?  The aim is to soften everything so the young lady is still visible, but not quite recognisable, if you know what I mean.

5.  Then change that layer's blend mode to "Multiply".  Then add a black mask to hide it.

6. Choose the second layer and name it "Dodge".  Apply the same amount of Gaussian Blur to it.

7. Change its blend mode to "Screen", and add a black mask to hide it.

8. Choose the top layer and name it "Sharpen". Change its blend mode to "Overlay" and then go to Filter>Other>High Pass.  Maybe a radius of 5ish?  Just enough to add some sharpening.  Then add a black mask to that one as well.

At this point, to re-cap, you have three layers, all hidden by black masks, called "Burn" (Multiply mode), "Dodge" (Screen mode) and "Sharpen" (Overlay mode).

When you've done that, show me a screenshot.