Photo storage help

Amelissa1

I am looking for a photo storage system, server, to back my files up to that would easily be accessible at anytime.  I am not talking free storage sites like flicker etc but a paid professional service that I don't have to worry about running out of space or loosing my files. Any suggestions? (Hope this is the right place to ask such a question?) 

• Like 1

Since you're on a Mac, hopefully you already have Time Machine running and backing everything up to an external hard drive on site.  (If not, do set that up!  It comes with your Mac, so you just have to plug in an external hard drive and get that up and running.)

For cloud-based backups, the most popular services are Crashplan and Backblaze, which have some small differences that may make one better for your needs than another.  You could also look into something like Carbonite.  I'd recommend googling all of these options to read up on what they offer so you can decide what works best for your needs. 

(These are the simple, low-effort, comprehensive backup options.  I'm sure Brian has more comprehensive recommendations and can walk you through those!)

It is the correct place to ask this question. :)

Basically, you are asking about Cloud Storage. I think Backblaze is the one that most use. You have to really pay attention to the fine print with these Cloud Services. Often they will delete your files within 30 days if they aren't installed on your computer. So if you move a bunch of photos from your computer to the Cloud Service, and not keep a copy on the HD, you will get a nasty surprise of deleted photos when you need them 60 days from now. Not fun.