HP monitor - to Dell CPU with converter plug

MJD

Hey Brian!

sometimes my screen flickers.. I can resolve it by turning it on and off but when I did that last I noticed this prompt - can you tell me what I've done wrong here? and how I can fix the flickering and if its related? All my plugs seem to be fitted and tightened correctly, a blue one with the adapter and a white one.

6F1FB3CE-D280-493D-A6AE-C6CC28D96BA0.jpeg

The blue VGA 15-pin cables, also known as D-Sub cables are notoriously known to cause issues like this. In reality, those cables were only meant to go up to 20” Tube Monitors, not today’s fancy flat-screen displays. 

Can you snap a photo of the back of your computer? I’m looking to see what monitor ports you have to work with. Post the photo here in this thread. 

SMH. You have two video cables hooked up from the same computer and using both ports on the monitor. This is just as bad as having the CAPS Lock on in PS. ? ? ? You need to use ONE display cable. In your case, only use the DVI Cable, the one with the White Connector. 

Pull the Blue Cable with the Adapter off the PC. I realize you probably hook up the old computer from time to time, and that old computer has a VGA port. When you do use the old computer, make sure the main one is powered off.