New iMac

Hi Brian! First I wanted to say thank you! Years ago I purchased a 2011 21.5" iMac because it was all I could afford. Your clear instructions allowed me to purchase + install RAM from crucial and I've been running my photography business from this iMac since 2013 without any issues. You saved me so much money being able to extend the life of this computer (at a time when I needed to save every penny). It is now time for me to upgrade to a new model as my OS is not upgradeable, which is causing me all sorts of problems with browsing and using web based programs. Despite that, the computer itself is fast enough for my use!

I saw in some other threads that the 21.5" is not an option. What would you recommend for running PS...maybe Lightroom (we shall see), and browsing? I can see I had an unrealistic budget, but hoping I can keep it under $2500 CAN?

Thank you so much for your help!

Rachael

• Like 1

If your budget is really tight, and you can't wait, re-read the "I can't afford $3000+ on a Mac" section. I can't link to Apple Canada, but just select the most expensive 27" iMac, (usually the column/model on the right) and just upgrade the HD to a 1TB SSD and leave everything else at the base configuration. I'd rather have a member get a better video card than put extra money towards a CPU when it comes to Photoshop.