Refurbished 27-inch iMac 3.3GHz Quad-core Intel Core i5 with Retina 5K display

Hi Brian,

Sorry to ask the same question as others, but I want to get a new 27" imac and have seen this on their refurbished site. it is 15% lower than a comparable new imac they say. I am lost and go round in circles as to what I need, but I know i can upgrade the 8gb memory myself once I get it. .... Is there anything else I should know or look out for ?

TIA

Eloise (UK)

Processor

3.3GHz quad‑core Intel Core i5 (Turbo Boost up to 3.9GHz)

Originally released October 2015

27-inch (diagonal) Retina 5K display with IPS technology; 5120‑by‑2880 resolution

8GB memory

2TB Fusion Drive1

AMD Radeon R9 M395

Built-in FaceTime HD camera

Those specs are fine, but make sure that model can be upgraded to 32GB!!

There are a few iMac models, both 21.5" AND 27" that are locked in at 8GB of RAM. This means no extra memory slots and RAM soldered to the motherboard. People think they are getting a good deal, because they cost A LOT less but in reality, they are getting suckered. 

When it comes to today's Apple line-up, it's a "Go-Big-Or-Go-Home" proposition. That said, since 1984...the Apple Macintosh Line-Up has ALWAYS been expensive! 

Thanks v much,. The online advisor says it is a late 2015 model and" This model is the same like the brand new one we well and indeed you can upgrade its RAM in the future, up to 32 GB of RAM."

it is £280 cheaper than a new one but can get a 3 year apple warranty on it 

Time to decide. .....

thanks for your help.
Eloise