Multuple images from LR > to PS for batch processing > then back to LR?

I often need to take multiple photos from LR into PS to have the same action applied. I would love to find a method of doing this that makes them pop back into my LR filmstrip next to the original after they've saved. 

It works perfectly if I just do one at a time but I can't work out an efficient method for doing multiples. 

Any ideas?

Many thanks 

Kate

I think you would have to send them all into PS via the "edit in" function so they're all open in PS at once, and then run Image Processor on all open files to apply the action?  That's not a terribly efficient workflow, though.

Is there a reason why you can't do all your raw processing and individual PS edits on the files, export them out of LR as JPGs, and then batch run the action on those finished JPGs?  What is the purpose of this action?

• Like 1

Thanks for your reply Christina.

Yeah, that's what I've been doing and it's not ideal when I've got several hundred images to do!

I've also tried your suggestion but I ended up re-importing them as sometimes I like to make final tiny tweaks in LR and then sync all the similar images before I export. The action just does my matte vomit or mono conversion.

I was hoping there was a magic technique that I didn't know about.

Oh man -- you have got to stop with "final tiny tweaks in LR." :)  ALL your raw processing first, and then all your PS edits.  When you tweak an edited-in-PS file in LR, you're trying to do raw processing edits on a non-raw file.  And you run into all these problems thanks to this messy workflow!

• Like 1

I know, I know, I know. It's literally just a tiny tweak to the tone curve normally to adjust contrast when the action doesn't give me exactly what I want. I can do the same thing in PS but then I have to do each one individually. Maybe I need to make some adjustments to my action...