editing with PS6 from Lightroom

Hi Damien.. I got a new computer and just re- installed all the software i use. My workflow has always been LR -> edit with PS-> save > final touches in LR  ... and now.. when I "right click edit with PS" in LR I get this.. and the file won't open... any ideas?

Screen Shot 2016-07-05 at 6.32.38 PM.png

Hi Beth,

First, can you verify that this file (and any others that give you this error) still exists on your hard drive where it's supposed to?

And then, check to make sure that you have read/write access to those folders.  Often this error results from a permissions error.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Christina Keddie said:

Hi Beth,

First, can you verify that this file (and any others that give you this error) still exists on your hard drive where it's supposed to?

And then, check to make sure that you have read/write access to those folders.  Often this error results from a permissions error.

yes. Files are there.. even brought them to my actual desktop now ( I usually edit straight into a hard drive since i didn't have the room in my old computer) so all files are physically in the iMac now.. and checked the folders info and says read and write. 

Also I get this when I click edit with PS.

If I click in "render using LR" i get the previous error,
If I click in "open anyway" looks like its opening but just opens PS the image won't actually open.. :(

Screen Shot 2016-07-05 at 7.33.52 PM.png

oh wait! my LR was still loading from my hard drive. I unplugged it and now it works! silly me... :D BUT NOW... camera raw won't open before getting into PS like it used to :( ugh

• Like 1

Just now, Christina Keddie said:

Glad you figured out the file access thing! :)

What do you mean by camera raw not opening before getting into PS?  When you're sending a file over from LR?

yes... usually when i was working from my laptop i go to edit from LR and camera raw opens i do the basic editing in camera raw and click open and the file opens in PS..

...That shouldn't have happened.  You do your raw processing in LR, and then when you right-click and choose "edit in" to send it over to PS, all those raw processing edits are applied and the file opens directly into PS.

Have you been going back and forth multiple times between LR and PS, opening versions with and without LR adjustments applied?

1 minute ago, Christina Keddie said:

...That shouldn't have happened.  You do your raw processing in LR, and then when you right-click and choose "edit in" to send it over to PS, all those raw processing edits are applied and the file opens directly into PS.

Have you been going back and forth multiple times between LR and PS, opening versions with and without LR adjustments applied?

nop.. lol is how always worked before.. I open LR, edit with PS, camera raw window opens the image, i do the edits, click open and the image opens with PS with the camera raw modifications, then I do the hard editing and save, the LR file updates and i finish in LR.

I don't know what to tell ya, then, because that's never happened in any version of LR or PS I've used. :)  And anyways, that's an absurdly redundant workflow -- the LR raw processor is the *exact same* as the ACR raw processor.  So just do all your raw processing in one and then bring the file into PS for your targeted edits.

(And no mucking about with the finished PSD or TIFF file in LR when it's back!  LR at the end only for workflow management purposes, like batch renaming and saving your files!)

• Like 1