Windows 11

sparky2123

4 minutes ago, sparky2123 said:

Brian,

What are you hearing about Windows 11? should we wait to update? havent really dug into what they fixed with 11. any feedback?

Nick

you can delete, i found the other post. and this one is in the wrong place. sorry about that. 

Nick

I'm holding off for now. At least until 2025; that is the year that Microsoft will end support for Windows 10. They are changing the rules and older hardware isn't supported. So unless you have a Motherboard that has a TPM 2.0 chip, a recent i7 or better yet, i9 CPU, don't bother.

Honestly? Even if I had all of these things, I wouldn't be installing Windows 11 on my main computer for at least a year.

• Like 1

One more thing...

Don't bother worrying about upgrading to Windows 11. You really should be saving up to purchase a new computer that comes with Windows 11.

I fear prices won't come down until at least 2023 and it's THE absolute worst time to be in the market for a new computer. Prices are triple to quadrupal to what they should be. A "Good Windows Computer for Photo Editing" will run you around $3000. Yep, you read that correctly. $3000...and that's for a Stinkin' Dell Computer!! Not some fancy Gaming Rig. A blasted Dell! That same computer would have been $1200-$1500 a few years ago, before COVID19 hit. 

So start saving. Resist the FOMO.