Upgrading ram 2020 imac

Kasi

I was reading your article here. 

I was wondering in regards to upgrading your ram for the imac within Australia. 

Pardon my total technical ignorance. Is there any difference between these

Crucial 64GB Kit (2 x 32GB) DDR4-2666 SODIMM Memory for Mac. CT2K32G4S266M

Crucial Ram Kits if I was too look up the same details from an Australian supplier and purchase them to install or do you recommend an Australian supplier? 

Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 12.00.30 pm.png

As long as the specs are the same, you should be good. You just need matching pairs. Since you have a 2020 iMac, your max is 128GB, so in your case, you'd want two 32GB sticks. What I would do is move the existing RAM that is installed in your iMac, and put the 32GB stick in place of those. THEN take the two existing Apple RAM Sticks and put them in the blank spots. You should end up with 72GB of RAM in the end. Which should last you quite some time.

I don't have any recommendations for OZ suppliers. Like I said, any reputable brand should work, just as long as it's a DDR4-2666 SODIMM RAM stick. Again, in your case, you want a pair of 32GB Sticks for a total of 64GB for the kit. When you figure in the existing 8GB of RAM (or whatever) moved into the blank slots, you should have 72GB in the end.

Crucial is good. OWC is also a good brand. If you can find either in OZ, those are the ones to get.

Oh, here is a YouTube Video demonstrating the install process. The RAM modules are keyed, meaning they can only be installed one way, and this whole process should take you less than 10 min to accomplish. One tip I'd recommend is to touch something metal to ground any possible static-electricity before handling the RAM. Computer Components do not like getting zapped by static electricity. :) Now, don't go across the room, discharge yourself and then walk back, you could build up a charge by walking back to your Mac. So just have something metal nearby when you are installing the RAM. It's not that big of a deal, just something to be aware of.