Graphics Processor issue

please tell me I can fix this. Remember I have a late 2012 iMac...so I am needing to run the adaptive wide angle filter, but it seems that maybe my processor isn't up to par to do this?? 😕 I used a wide angle lens on this shoot, and it severely distorted some of my images. I did correct it in ACR, but this guy needs more...and I've already made a bunch of edits and would prefer not to have to start over with my raw file. Break it to me easy lol.

Screen Shot 2021-12-14 at 8.20.19 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-12-14 at 8.18.43 PM.png

See this area right here?

400906388_ScreenShot2021-12-15at8_48_36PM.thumb.png.f54de7aa7a911e547459f7efa3a17411.png

See how "Advanced Settings..." is greyed out?

You are screwed. Again, you need a new iMac.

Your Graphics Processor isn't powerful enough for the version of Photoshop you are running. Remember, your Mac is from Late 2012. THAT IS 9 WHOLE YEARS OLD!!! We are in "Late 2021." Most computers you get about 7 or so years out of technology-wise, before the Software overtakes the Hardware. You are at 9 years, so you have two years on top of what I'd expect for a useful life of a computer.

• Thanks 1

On 12/21/2021 at 11:55 PM, Michelle Gifford said:

I should go the Mac mini route with a nice monitor

There are none. Seriously. Apple Devices look better with Apple Displays. Unfortunately, there aren't any currently for sale less than $5000.

"But Brian, I've seen some really nice 4K Displays..."

Yep. Just wait until you hook it up to a Mac Mini and text looks blurry. It will not look like the Apple products you are used to. Here are my recommendations:

I'd still buy an Intel-based iMac today myself.