Accessing removed C drive

Hi all,

just a quick question, ive just replaced my Boot drive 8n my laptop because it was so small. Now ive just realised i didnt save some custom skins i made for one of my programs. If i get an enclosure for the drive will i be able to access the system files.

I’m running windows 10 latest version, the drive is SSD M.2 Sata and i had windows pin security to access my laptop.

Thanks

Alan

On 1/1/2022 at 2:14 PM, AlanH said:

If i get an enclosure for the drive will i be able to access the system files.

Yes.

The cost about $30-ish. Here is a quick search on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=usb+to+m2+ssd+adapter&crid=230CLYJIRBE92&sprefix=usb+to+m2%2Caps%2C94&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-p_4_9

After your computer boots, then attach the USB Cable and your old drive should appear in "Computer." What drive letter, I couldn't tell you. It could be D or E, but you will see it. You might want to turn on "Show Hidden Files and Folders" just in case under the View Options. Then it's just a matter of digging through the folders on where your data is. I'd start in the "Users" Folder on that old drive and work your way down. 

4 hours ago, Brian said:

Yes.

Thank you, i have one on the way to be delivered today. 

I thought i had saved everything i needed but its the little things that get us.

• Like 1