Overwelmed with the options- Is this one good?

Kendra

Greetings Brian! 

I read your laptop recommendations and am trying to process it to the best of my ability, however, it is still like reading a different language for me. 

Is this Laptop good for running photoshop and editing? 

https://www.costco.com/lg-gram-17-intel-evo-platform-laptop---11th-gen-intel-core-i7-1195g7---2560-x-1600---windows-11.product.100794680.html

I cannot figure out/see if screen is sufficient? I know its a non touchscreen...

Appreciate your help. If you say its good to go Ill purchase it! 

That laptop almost checks all of the boxes. The part that concerns me is the video card itself. It’s great that it is a IPS display, but the other part is the video card needs to have its own dedicated processor called a GPU and have its own dedicated video memory. Somewhere around 8GB. This laptop lists neither and I feel that it’s using a chunk of the RAM in addition to the CPU in order to work. Today’s modern photoshop relies on a dedicated GPU and dedicated Video Memory as a performance boost. 

I’d say keep shopping. Sorry. 

Great to know, thank you.  I am not seeing the words GPU or "dedicated video memory" listed on any of these online at Costco? I am looking for it under Graphics card?

Also, from what I've read from you/Damien I don't want windows 11, and when I went to Dell.com it looks like that is all that's offered. 

I am stumped. 

That’s because they don’t have them as an option. You are going to have to look somewhere else other than Costco. 

A manufacturer will brag, well… at least point out the amount of video memory and graphics processor type. The one you linked to mentioned “Intel,” but did not list separate video memory. 

You have to remember, we are still dealing with COVID and short supplies on things. Not just laptops and such, but the individual components that make up the larger things. Take a look at this laptop:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1639833-REG

Look at the highlights:

DB7A6C82-730A-41D6-A1F9-E438141A6168.thumb.jpeg.605d0a100d55f44bf3f55de6673c231b.jpeg

See the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Ti? That’s the dedicated video GPU type. Granted, I’m not liking the 512GB HD, but at least this gives you something to go on. In reality, you are looking at a gaming laptop.