Late 2015 iMac RAM upgrade

Shiralee

Hey Brian, I’m wanting to upgrade the RAM in my iMac late 2015 desktop computer and am wondering if you could point me in the right direction as to where to buy. I have 2x4gb sticks and 2x8gb sticks installed (they are 1867 MHz DDR3). I’m hoping to at least upgrade the 2x4gb sticks to 8gb sticks but dependant on price would love to go bigger. I have asked you this question before on a post in Ask Damien I think but can’t find it for the life of me 🤦🏻‍♀️

According to Apple, you can go to a maximum of 32GB with your Mac. So you would removed the two 4GB sticks and install two 8GB sticks. So 8GB would be in each slot for a total of 32GB.

Now, while 32GB is definitely worth it, you need to have realistic expectations. Going from 24GB to 32GB is not as dramatic as going from 8GB to 24GB, but I'd still do it. If you are trying to get more "Performance" out of your iMac...I'd start saving lots and lots of money for a new one.

Here is the RAM Kit you need.  B&H Ships to OZ.

Normally you see me recommending Crucial's stuff a lot, but OWC is also a good brand. Two sticks for less than $80 is way cheaper than spending over $5200 on a new Mac Studio. Oh, if you don't want to pay International Shipping, just take a screen-shot of the specs and find the exact same RAM locally.