Buying a new PC (I know...)

Hi Brian! 

I read through your "buying a PC" thread and as much as I would like to avoid it, I need to get a new one. My current one is almost 10 years old, case is too small to change anything out etc. My GPU is an Nvidia GeForce 640 series. Anyway what are your thoughts on this prebuilt? https://www.microcenter.com/product/645170/powerspec-g439-gaming-pc

I'm wary because this computer is significantly less than your thread example, but seems to check all the boxes. I feel like I'm missing something. 

I could also do a build-your-own path, but only if it is cost effective. 

NVIDIA is coming out with the 4000 series cards soon, like the RTX 4070, et al. This is forcing the scalpers who are hoarding cards to finally lower their prices, so I have seen things like this happen...where you can snag a deal. A friend of mine actually scored a computer similar to that one for about $1700 a month or so ago, so it is possible.

Oh, don't worry about the NVIDIA thing, you aren't a competitive gamer, you are editing photos. Photoshop loves the NVIDIA RTX 3070 card and that's the one I'd buy if I were buying a computer right now.

Enjoy your purchase.