External monitor issue

Hello Brian. Back again with another issue. In March I purchased a new external monitor. I bought the Dell U2722D 27 inch. While working in photoshop my monitor keeps going black on me. And I get this message… 

The tech guy at the store said “the monitor isn’t high definition enough and there’s nothing I can do”. 🥺 So here I am hoping you have some magic for me. 

6BFCE554-389C-41EA-8699-6815BDC2D397.jpeg

Hmm…

It could be a couple of things. Unfortunately I’m on vacation this week and am away from my computer. I found this page for some things to try:

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/fixed-the-current-input-timing-is-not-supported-by-the-monitor-display/

It could be a windows setting, a driver issue, or your display card doesn’t have enough horsepower to drive a 27” display. So I will need more info about your computer. 

• Like 1

Oh, this statement:

“Isn’t high-def enough…”

is a complete bullshit answer. If your computer can support a 4K Display, then we can lower the display settings to match that display. What sort of video cable are you using? Hopefully it’s either a HDMI or DisplayPort. What type of video card do you have? Is this a laptop? Do you have dedicated video memory?

• Like 1

I am using a 4K HDMI cable. And I’m not sure what computer info you need so I hope this picture helps. 

Also please enjoy your vacation. This can wait til whenever and thank you! I’ll check out the link. 

F3A3C7ED-DE79-450F-A772-D5A22F25BBCA.jpeg

That doesn't tell me much, but it does give me the model number of your computer.

It does have dedicated video memory, which is good....the bad news is, it seems to only have 2GB or 4GB of dedicated video memory, which isn't going to work driving a big fancy display. 2GB or 4GB is fine for the internal display, but if you want to run a dual-screen setup, you'll want at least 8GB of dedicated video RAM. Not to mention today's modern Photoshop also utilizes the Video Memory as a performance boost, so that complicates things.

How to fix this? Buy a new laptop. :/

Have you tried during off the laptop's display? Usually there is a keyboard short-cut that toggles the displays on and off. Usually it's the Fn + another key. Maybe that might help things out, but I'm not 100% sure.

• Like 1

The other thing to try is, to turn off "Use Graphics Processor" in the Performance Section of Photoshop's preferences and see how that works. Now, PS will complain and it will lag but I'm just curious to see if the problem goes away or not.

• Like 1

My apologies for the delay. I’m waiting in hopes for prices to come down and building a PC based on what you recommend. I will try these things for now though. And I’ll let you know if they work. Thank you so much for your time. 

Hello again. Okay I turned off my laptop display but when I did that my external monitor turned a very odd yellow color which is in turn causing all my images to be horrendous 😳 Any idea why this would be?