Links to recommendations?

DJM

22 minutes ago, DJ said:

Brian - over on the FB page there was a thread where you had links to your recommendations for PCs and screens. Could you post those here?

http://www.damiensymonds.net/what2buy.html

4 minutes ago, DJ said:

Oh, and also the expanded memory link

You mean the "All About Memory" article? Or where to purchase RAM from?

Perhaps I'm just missing it, but that link helps with the monitor question, but not the PC and memory part. I apologize in advance if I'm just not seeing it!

Sorry for being vague. I have a terrible old laptop that's been puttering along, and I've finally had it.I need a new computer, new screen, and I think you said expanded memory (?). 

I remember that you recommended the Dell XPS something, and I remember your link was to something other than the consumer side. I just can't remember which XPS, or what was special about the link. Also you talked about expanding memory (or something like that) and gave a link to look up something based on which computer you buy and then install it once the computer arrives. Ugh. I hate how clueless this all sounds. Do you have any idea what I'm talking about?

Ah.

Well, the Dell XPS 8700 has been replaced by the XPS 8900. Here is one that is a good buy:

Dell XPS 8900 with Intel i7 6700

As for the RAM, after you get the computer, head over to Crucial.com and run their scanning tool. You'll want to purchase a 16GB kit to take it from 8GB RAM to 24GB.

Here is the main page for the Business Side of Dell:

http://www.dell.com/us/business/p/xps-8900-desktop/fs