Laptop Question

Hi! I'm looking to buy a laptop that I can use for organizing photos and quick editing while I'm traveling. I have a PC desktop that will still be my primary computer when I'm home. What do you think of this laptop? https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1702433-REG/asus_fx507zm_bs74_tuf_i7_12700h_16gb_1tb.html

Thank you so much for your help!

It should be fine for what you are looking to do. Out of all the specs, I'm not liking the 3060 video card, and prefer a 3070...but overall, it's fine for the short term. When I look to buy things, I have a 5 year time-frame in mind, or longer, so I tend to buy bigger.  That laptop should get you 24-36 months of usage.

Enjoy your purchase.

Here's one I would buy today:

ASUS 17.3" Republic of Gamers Strix Scar 17 Gaming Laptop

Thank you so much! That's really helpful info! The one you linked to looks like a great machine. My only hesitation would be whether 17.3" is going to drive me crazy carrying around for travel. I wonder if I can find something smaller with a better video card?

That's going to be tough. The reason is the heat dissipation, it's easier with a larger laptop. That being said, there are exceptions to every rule. See if you can find a 15" or 16" Laptop. "Editing Photos" and "Traveling" should not occupy the same thought, let alone be in the same sentence.

Oh, a smaller laptop that has the same specs, expect to pay for it. I'd target your budget being around $3000.