Is this monitor OK to use with a Mac Book Pro.

Hey Brian, 

This is the monitor that pops up on Amazon on your affiliate link. 

Acer 21.5 Inch Full HD (1920 x 1080) IPS Ultra-Thin Zero Frame Computer Monitor (HDMI & VGA Port), SB220Q bi

Is this OK as a super budget option? 

Screenshot_20230509_171221_Chrome.jpg

I don’t have Amazon Affiliate links, that might be Damien. :)

Honestly? The only displays that look good on Apple’s Products are Apple’s stupidly overpriced displays. (About $1600). So try it and report back. Have realistic expectations and plan on it not giving you the “Apple Experience” that you are used to. It might be fine or it might suck. So when you get it use it right away and take advantage of any return policies if needed. 

On 5/9/2023 at 9:31 PM, Brian said:

I don’t have Amazon Affiliate links, that might be Damien. :)

Honestly? The only displays that look good on Apple’s Products are Apple’s stupidly overpriced displays. (About $1600). So try it and report back. Have realistic expectations and plan on it not giving you the “Apple Experience” that you are used to. It might be fine or it might suck. So when you get it use it right away and take advantage of any return policies if needed. 

OK thanks for that. All I can see is Mac Monitors for $2.4k ++. Do you have a link or is it called something specific? 

Apple Studio Display. Get it with Standard Glass and the basic tilt stand. I also recommend buying AppleCare.

ScreenShot2023-05-10at7_22_53PM.thumb.png.af563071ff8f3728dae7004bb6b74777.png

Yes, it pains me to recommend a Display that is $1600. (Plus Tax & AppleCare.) Apple is intentional with this; if you want that "Apple Experience" you are used to, you are going to fork out the money for it. Even the LG Display that Apple helped develop is expensive at $1200 or so. Everyone that I've spoken with or reviewed the display say it's "OK," or "I should have spent the extra $300 and went with the Apple Display. The good news is, this Apple Studio Display will give you options down the line. You can now buy another MacBook Pro or even a tricked out Mac Mini in a few years. So instead of forking out $4600-$4800 on a new Mac setup, you can spread the cost over a few years.

But it's still way more expensive for what it is and this is done on purpose.

It's only money, right?