Bridge and PS 2022 crashing my MAC often

Here is my MAC info…..you suggested I upgrade to Big Sur - however my Mac shows Ventura as the available upgrade. 

I have a Mac desktop running Catalina  and Photoshop 23.5.4. It is over 2 years old, and has 16GB of RAM. Its hard drive has 979GB free out of 2TBGB. The last time I shut down was earlier today. I have never run a cleanup program.  Thanks in advance for your help!

Fantastic. Thanks for posting here. This is how you update to Big Sur and this REQUIRES SAFARI TO ACCOMPLISH. No other browser will work. Period. No Chrome, Firefox, Edge, whatever. It MUST be Safari only!!

• Copy and Paste the following URL into Safari:

macappstores://apps.apple.com/app/macos-big-sur/id1526878132?mt=12

Or, click this Get Big Sur link in Safari. 

ScreenShot2023-05-17at7_28_28PM.thumb.png.3425099d47d9e9a2b4e2023790fd0d8e.png

• That link should open the App Store and take you to the Big Sur Download Page"

1322170442_ScreenShot2023-02-15at11_55_51PM.thumb.png.d6c323028863e1f4ff36f14a962f2ece.png

It should Say macOS Big Sur at the top. Click the "Get" button, download the installer file, and go through the motions. I will warn you, this file is about 1GB in size and I would not have anything else open while you download this. No Netflix or Spotify or Facebook or E-mail. No 50 Tabs open in a Browser either, I don't care if they are all important.  When it comes to a OS Upgrade, it should be you, your computer, and the OS Installer.

That's it.

Keep in mind that this is a OS Upgrade, so I'd check the software that you normally use to see if there are ANY updates that fix compatibility issues with Big Sur.

There is one thing that has me concerned...your 16GB of RAM. What Make/Model/Screen Size is your Mac Desktop?

After you get Big Sur installed, I would HIGHLY recommend purchasing CleanMyMac X to get rid of junk on your computer. You really don't want to go more than 75%-80% full on ANY Hard Drive, Internal OR External, when it comes to a Macintosh. If you fill your HDs, your performance takes a huge hit. Also, the more crap (files and folders) you have stored on your Mac Desktop, the slower the damn thing runs. So make sure your Desktop doesn't have 1000's of files on it. If it does, move them to a folder inside one of your Hard Drives.