BenQ PD2700U vrs BenQEW2780Q Premium

Between the two, the BenQ PD2700U checks all the boxes. Here is a comparison between the two.

• IPS
  • Anti-Glare Matte Screen
  • 100 sRGB

Now there is only a $100 difference between the two. One is a 4K screen and one is the resolution that I like for 27" screens, 2560 x 1440. So it's really up to you. either is fine.

Why wouldn't the 3840 x 2160 screen actually be better on the 27", seems like it should be. And the comparison didn't say the 2700U was Anti-Glare / Matte but I think it said it was on Amazon, I'd have to recheck that. And is there a reason to get the 10  Bit over the 8 Bit?

Because it’s the same physical area with more resolution. More stuff crammed into the same area which will make things look tiny; then you will need to go into Windows Settings and increase scaling to 125% or 150% to compensate so you can see things properly. 

You are falling for Marketing. Bigger Faster Better More!! I’m not even worried about 8 bit or 10 bit. I’m worried about how difficult BenQ Monitors are typically to get calibrated correctly against a set of physical prints. It can go easy or be a complete nightmare. Generally, I don’t like BenQ Displays, but people keep buying them and wanting them and I’m tired of arguing.

As for the anti-glare, I’m going by what I saw on B&H:

IMG_1968.thumb.jpeg.09d350450a6278b9255904f54c365d75.jpeg

See the “Finish?” If a reseller doesn’t list it, in my personal experience it doesn’t have it. 

Damien and I have had good luck with Dell UltraSharps over the years and getting them calibrated. We have had more members just get frustrated with calibrating BenQ Displays, but some are pretty easy. It’s such a toss up and I can't give a straight answer.

I hear the same things in different groups. It's a bit frustrating as I don't want to spend alot of money if it's not worth it. I will if that's what it takes though.  Do you have the link to the ultra sharp you recommend?

I've been recommending the Dell U2722D 27" IPS Display. I would recommend using DisplayPort for the connection if you have one on your computer. Otherwise, HDMI is fine. This display is just under $335, which is reasonable. I'd buy this one if it were me. Hell, I'd buy two of them and put them on Monitor Arms for a Dual-Monitor setup.

Here are the specs, and what I look for when choosing a Monitor for Photo Editing:

ScreenShot2023-06-27at8_02_37PM.thumb.png.2886b5a4dd53e4e5e6287751d31e00e2.png

• 27" IPS LCD
  • 2560 x 1440 Resolution
  • Anti-Glare / Matte Screen
  • 95% or better sRGB. (100% sRGB is even better.)
  • DisplayPort and/or HDMI.

I'm not worried about bit rate and all that. Unless you are doing your own printing and have your personal printer calibrated to your screen, do things like that matter. If you are a digital-only photographer, it really doesn't matter when it comes to the advanced stuff because your images will either be displayed on a Phone or crappy un-calibrated display. :D

Oh, and why only 95% (or better) instead of 100%? sRGB is 16.7 Million Colors. The average human eye only sees about 1 Million, give or take a few hundred thousand, depending on the person. So don't sweat the advanced stuff like 10-Bit vs 8-Bit. That's just Marketing trying to convince you to buy the more expensive model because it has "more" of something.