Different 4000 series graphics cards with Photoshop

I'm getting ready to buy a new laptop for photo editing (my need for mobility makes laptop the right choice, despite the reasons to go desktop), and have a firm grasp on what I need outside of the graphics card. For the graphics card on the laptops I'm looking at, I'm only seeing 4000 series cards. I'm under the impression that the drivers have improved since earlier this year in terms of stability with Photoshop. Is this correct? How much of a real difference is there between 4060, 4070, 4080, 4090 when it comes to Photoshop? I'd like to get ~7 years use out of this laptop, but am I just deluding myself that this is possible with any of the graphics cards?

21 hours ago, dbowler said:

How much of a real difference is there between 4060, 4070, 4080, 4090 when it comes to Photoshop? I'd like to get ~7 years use out of this laptop...

The best advice I can give you is to look at a RTX 4070 Ti Version with 12GB of dedicated Video RAM. If that isn't possible, a 4070 or 4080 with 8GB will work just fine. I'd skip any 4060 models, even though they are "current," and the 4090 series is a bit overkill. 8GB of Video RAM is at a minimum, but the more you can get, like 12GB or 16GB VRAM, the better. Drivers? Too soon to tell, but since NVIDIA doesn't seem to have "Studio Drivers" (Drivers meant for Photoshop & Lightroom,) for the 4000 Series Cards, it could mean that the Studio and Gaming Drivers are all contained within one Driver Set. So I wouldn't sweat it. Now the 3000 Series, that's a different story. You want the Studio Drivers for use with Adobe's Products.

7 Years out of a Laptop is really pushing things. Often it's the battery that dies within 4 years or so that kills the laptop. Most aren't replaceable these days and if you are looking for a 7-8 year lifespan, then I'd seriously invest in a Desktop. That said, it is possible to get 5-6 years out of one and I have seen people have laptops that are 7 years old. It's all a "Personal Experience," with not a consistent average across the board. I'd say 4-5 years out of a laptop is more of a "Realistic Expectation."