in camera mode adobergb or srgb

Amy Claire

As long as you're shooting in raw, the in-camera settings don't apply to your files, so they don't matter from that perspective. 

But the camera histogram is based on the jpg preview, so it makes sense to have your camera set to sRGB.  And you'll thank yourself if you accidentally switch to shooting in jpg without realizing it!

I'd also set the camera to sRGB. In addition to making the JPEG Preview's histogram more accurate, it's safer bet if you fat-finger something and shoot a session in JPEG instead of Raw. It has happened, multiple times. Often with a panic post from one of our members. So I'd set it to sRGB.

Edit: Before I get some e-mail telling me that I'm wrong and giving out incorrect info, and I should tell them to use AdobeRGB because of the bigger color space, blah-blah-blah...

SAVE IT.

Yes, I know that if you shoot Raw, the color space setting on the camera does not matter.

That said, I'm a big proponent of WYSIWYG. (What you see is what you get.) It doesn't make sense to set your camera to a larger color space, work in AdobeRGB in Photoshop, only to use a printing company that has its printers set to sRGB. Or sell digital files and they will only be viewed on a screen as a JPEG, which will be in the sRGB color space... 

See where I'm going with this? If the final output is sRGB, then why not have the whole workflow set to sRGB? From Camera to Computer to Print Vendor - set everything to sRGB. Your Histogram will be more accurate on your camera, the JPEG Preview on the LCD will be closer to what you'll get during editing...since you will be editing in sRGB, and you won't have any surprises along the way.

Damien wrote a quick analogy that makes sense, worth a quick read:

Why sRGB Makes Sense

Bottom Line: Set your camera to sRGB and be happy.

• Like 1