Windows 11 vs Windows 10

I have been holding out on updating my computer to Windows 11 for fear of bugs that were so prevalent in the early release. Is it safe to say I can update now (specifically related to Adobe PS products)? 

It’s mostly stable-ish now, but isn’t without issues. Microsoft has stopped updating Windows 10 and Windows an only selling Windows 11 new. 

Honestly, for the best experience, I’d buy a new computer that comes with Windows 11 for the best experience. Unless you have a really beefy system now. 

Personally, I’m holding off until 2025. But that’s just me. :D

When I got my computer, it had the option of Windows 10 or 11. I kept 10, as I had only heard negative about 11. My system is pretty beefy, but not over the top.

I am running a Dell Desktop XPS 8940 with 64GB of RAM and a NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 video card (which I researched back when I purchased it, but have since purged all details about video cards from my brain). 

I'm not sure if I am playing with fire by not updating (from a security and other app operation). And I admittedly feel "peer pressure" when my system tells me I should update.

You can hold off for now. Don't let the FOMO trip you up. When it comes time, like in 2025...your Windows 10 Key can be used to upgrade to Windows 11. While it's "better" now, I'm personally still holding off upgrading to Windows 11.

The only downside is Microsoft isn't pushing out any feature updates. I'm sure if something big security-wise they will probably push out an update...but honestly? Windows 10 is a matured OS at this point. The biggest threat is if you do something stupid, like click on a obvious malicious link. ;)