GPU Error on new MacBook Pro m3 Max

TristaW

Hello!  I just upgraded to a MacBook Pro from a Lenovo laptop. Never had a Mac before. I am working on downloading Bridge and Photoshop and this error came up when opening Bridge. It is version 14.0.1. IMG_5402.thumb.jpeg.eb1664153d96931608d25ae31099a4d4.jpeg How do I fix this?  

This is a common glitch that happens with new computers. People have had this same issue before. There are three choices:

1. Un-install Bridge, reboot and use the Adobe Mothership App to download the latest and greatest version of Adobe Bridge. Often this takes care of things.
  2. Deal with it until Adobe releases an update, or Apple releases a update for the macOS.
  3. If these two choices aren't ideal for you, contact Adobe Support. They should be able to remote in and tweak things.

I un-installed, rebooted, and went to the adobe creative cloud app to re-install the version 14.0.01. Same thing comes up. If I just deal with it until an update comes out what exactly is not working right/what am I missing out on?  Hopefully that makes sense. 

Hmm...I'm wondering if your fancy new Mac Laptop has two video cards. One is meant for Performance, and the one you want Photoshop / Bridge to use, the other is a wimpy card that conserves battery life and is meant for "General Computing." Head to your Preferences (Gear Icon on the Taskbar.) Look for "Battery," then open it.

MAKE SURE AUTOMATIC GRAPHICS SWITCHING IS UN-CHECKED!!!!

ScreenShot2023-11-19at7_54_24PM.thumb.png.ff9ba264754154c05d3660f727fe9735.png

Then close out the Battery Preferences box and Reboot.

You have to learn to poke around. This is how I figure out stuff. :D 

Click the "Automatic" on the "On Battery." What are your choices? What about "On Power Adapter?"

Or you can't and need to click on the "Options..." Button.

Post some screen shots, you are going to by my Guinea Pig, since I don't have $4600+ laying around for a new M3 Mac Laptop. :D 

Here are some screenshots: first one is when I clicked Options towards the bottom, the next two are when I clicked on the Automatic by On Battery and On Power Adapter.  I have been saving for quite a long time for one of these 😆

image.thumb.png.8493c800770a30d3e6ed5e0b37ff5e1d.pngimage.thumb.png.b42ceef019035de20af796dd20928ae0.pngimage.thumb.png.df77479b5e2d60cedb55d0ff32ae7475.png

Hmm...I've got nothing. I would try and change the "On power Adapter" to High Power and see if that helps.

You might have to contact Adobe on this one. The issue is, it's a new version of Photoshop on brand new hardware. This bug has happened before and it's always been fixed. As for a time-frame for this to happen, I have no idea.