NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 8GB and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 Super 12GB

Brian, I saw where you recommended NOT getting these video cards. Is that still accurate? Also, any insights you can give me to the specs of these two systems is appreciated. I have not talked to this company yet as I'm still shopping around. I've been reading your articles for several months now and need to purchase asap. My current PC is on its tenth year and is just too slow to handle Photoshop. 

askbrianquestion.PNG

Edited by phylliskeithphotography
added note about my current PC

Get the 4070. Do not get the 4060.

I was telling folks to hold off to a certain degree since the early releases of the 4000 series of NVIDIA Cards where having issues with melting power connectors, but I think those bugs have been worked out. In fact, I tell people now to get a NVIDIA RTX 4070 8GB Video RAM or NVIDIA RTX 4080 8GB Video RAM at a minimum. Since both of those computers have 12GB of VRAM, even better!

17 hours ago, Brian said:

Get the 4070. Do not get the 4060.

I was telling folks to hold off to a certain degree since the early releases of the 4000 series of NVIDIA Cards where having issues with melting power connectors, but I think those bugs have been worked out. In fact, I tell people now to get a NVIDIA RTX 4070 8GB Video RAM or NVIDIA RTX 4080 8GB Video RAM at a minimum. Since both of those computers have 12GB of VRAM, even better!

Thank you so much. That's a huge help.

BTW, I appreciate your "build for the future" advice. My current system has lasted me 9 years, so well worth the investment.

• Like 1

Adobe is constantly releasing new versions these days; we aren't on the 2-3 year cycle of software, it's more like every 6-8 months and they come out with a huge upgrade. We are at Version 25.5 as I type this...I'm sure we will be on version 27 or 28 come next year. I'm in no mood to fork out money for a new damn computer every 18-24 months to support a bunch of AI Crap that I don't want. If you think about it, PS CC 25.5 isn't THAT much different than CS6! Photoshop, at its core...is still Photoshop. It's all the other crap they keep adding that forces us to upgrade.

• Like 1